Google Adsense is an advertising platform that helps publishers and advertisers to earn money by displaying ads, service offerings, product listings etc. In this step-by-step guide you will learn how to create a Google AdSense account (from start to finish) and then how to activate this ad service in order to make money with your website.
The very first thing to get started with this process is having a Google account – if you already have Gmail (or another Google service), you can use it for AdSense.
How to create an AdSense account?
- First, go to google.com/adsense/start in order to sign up for AdSense.
- Then , click the “Get Started” button to create a Google AdSense account.
- After that, you need to sign in to your Google Account (e.g. Gmail) to use for AdSense.
- Once you sign in to your Google Account you need to enter the site URL – the one you need to put AdSense ads on. Note: If you don’t have a site property yet, select “I don’t have a site”.
- Then, choose if you would like Adsense to send you customized help and performance suggestions for your ads.
- Next, select your AdSense payment country/territory – the location where you currently live and where you can receive a PIN (Personal Identification Number) by mail to confirm your account. Note: Make sure your country/territory is correct because you won’t be able to change it later.
- The review & accept the AdSense Terms and Conditions.
- After that, hit the “Start Using AdSense” button.
- Now it is time to explore your new AdSense account. Remember, some features won’t be available until you perform the activation steps.
- Last, activate your Google AdSense account. Now you are ready to show ads on your website and earn money.
How to activate your newly opened AdSense account?
To activate your newly opened Google AdSense account you need to go to the AdSense homepage and search for the list of tasks you need to complete before Google activates your account.
Take a look at the tasks explained below:
- Enter your Google AdSense payment information (your full name, postal address, zip code, and phone number) as it appears on your bank account.
- Turn on AdSense Auto Ads – This will allow your ads to start appearing on the website the moment your account is activated.
- Review your website to ensure it respects AdSense Program policies.
- Then , wait for an email that will inform you when your Google AdSense is fully activated – this approval can take you a few days or up to 4 weeks.
Remember: You need to complete all of the activation steps listed above within six month or your AdSense will be deactivated. In case you fail to open your Google AdSense account and activate it within the required timeframe, you will see a “Reactivate Account” link on your homepage.
Here are some of the most frequently-asked questions about Google AdSense.
1. Is Google AdSense Account free?
What makes a Google AdSense account even greater is that it is completely free to use and there is absolutely no charge to sign up with a Google AdSense account. So, everyone with a Google Account and a website can create a free AdSense account and put ads on their website.
2.Who is eligible for an AdSense account?
What you probably don’t know about AdSense accounts is that only applicants who are more than 18 years old are eligible for a Google AdSense account. Furthermore, the applicant’s website has to contain quality and original content to be able to attract as many visitors as possible. In terms of eligibility, the applicant’s website also must comply with Google AdSense Program.
3. Can you sign up for AdSense without a website?
Yes, you can sign up for AdSense even if you don’t have a website. The only way it is possible is if you have a YouTube channel or a blog on Google’s Blogger platform – both should be eligible for AdSense earnings. As long as you have one of these Google-owned properties, there’s no need for a website to sign up for AdSense.
4. Can you open 2 AdSense accounts?
Unfortunately, for those who want to open 2 AdSense accounts this is not possible. That’s because AdSense policies don’t allow more than 1 account per publisher. In simple terms, if you are looking to open a new AdSense account, you need to associate a different Google Account as your login.
Whereas AdSense accounts can have more than 1 website associated with to earn more money with ads. The only thing you have to do is adding the website URL to the AdSense Sites List so it can both accept ads and be monetized with AdSense.
Furthermore, if you want to create a Google AdSense account for your business that is separate from your personal Google AdSense account, you have to submit a new AdSense application. Here are some things to consider:
- Make sure your account name & payee name (e.g. business) are distinct from your original application (e.g individual).
- Make sure you can accept payments to that payee.
- Can you create another AdSense account after being disabled?
The truth is that you can not make another AdSense account after being one time disabled. Creating another AdSense account would be useless because it will be closed immediately after it is opened. That’s because doing so means you are literally violating Google AdSense Program policies.
Below you will find some of the most common reason AdSense disables accounts:
- Deceptive Behavior – clicking the ads on your website.
- Invalid traffic – generating bot or automated traffic.
- Incentivizing Traffic Source – using third-party sources to generate clicks/impressions or encouraging visitors to click on ads.
- Egregious content – if you have adult, mature, or illegal content.
- Violating Webmaster Guidelines – to avoid that you need all websites to be connected to your AdSense account must comply with the Google Webmaster Guidelines.
So, if your AdSense account is disabled for one of these policy reasons, use this link to file an appeal: Policy Violation Appeal for Disabled AdSense Account.
To sum up, if you want to create a Google AdSense account easily and quickly, you need to follow all the tips we mentioned above. But before that, make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements to open an AdSense account and then feel free to use this service to monetize your site with ads.