Search engine submission is submitting a domain name, URL, or even the pages on your website, to Google or other search engines to inform them that such pages exist. Search engine submission is essential because it assists your domain and content rank and index for relevant Google searches. This is how it operates: it submits a URL or domain to a search engine for them to crawl the page and then index it in SERPs. Instead of manual URL submissions, many search engines accept an XML sitemap as it is used for automatic crawling.
Types of search engine submission.
- Manual Submission – Manual Submission is the process of manually submitting a website and URLs to a search engine for them to be crawled and indexed.
- Sitemap Submission – This type of Submission includes adding your site’s XML sitemap file to the WebMaster Tools account with Google or other search engines (Bing, Yandex, and Baidu).
The importance of Search Engine Submission.
Search engine submission is essential because it can boost the visibility and search rankings of your site in SERPs of the major search engines. In addition, as mentioned above, submitting a domain and its URL informs Google and Bing (both important search engines) that that content exists and should be indexed for its users.
Search Engine Submission List:
A large list of search engine submission services can help you index your site and its URLs. Down below, you will find the top search engine submission websites you can use without needing any webmaster skills:
- FreeWebSubmission.com – manual
- Active Search Results – manual
- Buildwebsite4U – manual
- Entire Web – manual
- Exact Seek – manual
- Gigablast – manual
- Infotiger – manual
- Scrubtheweb – manual
- Submit Express – manual
- Web Squash – manual
- Google Search Console – XML sitemap
- Bing Webmaster Tools – XML sitemap
- Yandex – XML sitemap
- Baidu – XML sitemap
- Yahoo – free through Bing Webmaster Tools
- AOL – free through Bing Webmaster Tools
- DuckDuckGo – no submission is needed; it crawls the Web
Is search engine submission necessary?
You need to know that having a search engine submission is unnecessary, even though it helps get your website and its URLs indexed in most search engines. You can also get away without manual search engine submissions and using a sitemap listed on Bing Webmaster tools and Google Search Console. Moreover, major search engines crawl the World Wide Web of new pages to index. Then, web crawlers (search engine spiders) find your domain and its content – only if it’s linked to other sources on the Web & correctly linked to internally on the website.
Here are the top alternatives you can use instead of search engine submission:
- Obtain incoming links from other sites to your homepage and individual URLs.
- Attach links to your pages through Twitter or other social media platforms – they provide real-time API access to Google to find, crawl, and index your pages’ content.
- I am submitting an XML sitemap through the Webmaster Tools platform.
- We are establishing social bookmarks (social tagging) for target URLs.
- They submit a site to web directories that Google or other search engines have previously crawled.
- We are syndicating content to article directories.
Submitting your site or its URLs to search engines will help your web pages get indexed and ranked for relevant queries. And there are two principal ways to accomplish this process; manual search engine submission or automatic Submission (through an XML sitemap).